Adam Ahmed is dual qualified as a lawyer and a chartered accountant with expertise in:
- tax, asset protection and estate planning
- commercial and business law and transactions
- property law including easements, covenants and section 88K
Adam recently negotiated a favourable settlement for the property owner in relation to the granting of an easement under section 88K of the Conveyancing Act.
Adam has worked on helping clients claim millions of dollars in government grants (including the research and development tax incentive and the export market development grant) and has successfully steered clients through tax office audits.
Adam has negotiated commercial deals and disputes with the Australian tax office, large property developers, private equity funds and financiers.
Adam has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales
- Master of Laws from the University of Sydney
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the Federal Court and High Court of Australia
Adam is the author of the following chapters to the Laws of Australia published by Thomson Reuters:
- International Tax
- Assessable Income
Adam was the founding chair of the Tax Law Committee in the Law Society of New South Wales (Young Lawyers division) and served as chair for 3 years.